Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Simple


I sewed another shirt using Alder shirt dress pattern from Grainline Studio. This time it was made as a simple sleeveless shirt. I chopped off the lower half of the pattern and used the rest of it practically without modification. If I say something special about it, it would be that it is missing one of the pockets and the collar due to the fabric shortage but it has got a small embroidery in the chest as if it is compensating the missing parts.


Ah, you have to be informed that I was a teen when I embroidered the last time. I find that all my humble skill in embroidery has been lost by now. Now I can do it only humorously.


The shirt is pretty, and comfortable in the hot weather too.


*
This year in Japan, the rainy season was suddenly taken over by hot days and the summer started without delay. At this moment I'm struggling with this hotness more than usual (I'm a snowman, in case you don't know me), as we didn't have enough time for adapting to the heat.



**
By the way, on this coming weekend, I will attend a casual one-hour workshop for tie dying dyeing. I'm going to attend it with one of my sewing good friends and we will learn how to tie and dye, as beginners. I'm so excited! Hopefully I will come home with something good enough to show you in the blog post. Wish me luck, please :)

Hope you're having a beautiful day!


Love,
yoshimi


=====
Simple sleeveless shirt
pattern: Alder from Grainline Studio, with size adjustments (raised armhole base and shortened shoulder width).
fabric: Lightweight linen woven fabric, pale pink brown, with off white pinstripes. Slightly sheer but can be worn as a single layer. Crisp and casual. Not too coarse. Typical linen plain woven. Same fabric was used in this shirt.
=====

28 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is so witty: I love it! And chic as always, my dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny! There aren't many people who know what 'Alder' means around me. But you surely do, that's the point ;)

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing this on instagram and thought you'd machine embroidered your cute design on there! Perfectly done. Have fun tie dying! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Yes it was hand embroidered by me. It was an Alder shirt itself in different color, did you notice? :)

      Delete
  3. tie dying is so much fun and unpredictable. I know you will enjoy it and find yourself addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kathy! It'll be surely fun to learn tie dying. I can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Your top is so pretty, the embroidery is a really nice detail and I think it looks great! Have fun with the tie dying, I've been wanting to try that out too. Would love to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marrie, for the kind words! I'm now practicing embroidery a bit for the future chances in my garments. And I'll have tie dye too, I think I'll be very busy :)

      Delete
  5. Love the shirt - the best style advice I ever got was keep it simple and always look cool in summer and warm in winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail! You surely sound right. It's great way to be flawlessly perfect. And it is do-able!

      Delete
  6. You always manage to look effortlessly stylish! I was thinking of making the Alder as a shirt for summer and leave off the collar. It looks lovely and cool to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea, your words made my day! Alder has clean line in the bodice and I definitely recommend it as a shirt pattern. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  7. The embroidery is a wonderful addition to your pretty shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, for your compliment on the embroidery and shirt <3

      Delete
  8. I love the embroidery! And I'm looking forward to seeing what you make at the workshop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emi! It will be 1-hour workshop in Tokyo. I'll check if it is great for little humans too. If so, you may like to check whether you bring your lovely ladies there to experience tie dying or not.

      Delete
  9. I look forward to your tie dying pieces.
    I can't believe you have just gone back to embroidery. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! I'm thinking what colors I'm going to use in the palette. I hope I'll get something good enough to show you at the workshop.

      Delete
  10. The embroidery on your shirt is so whimsical, I love it! I love to play with dyes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, shams! I enjoyed the workshop very much. I already did it again to remember the process at home the day after ;)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Valerie! I now know what you mean. I'm looking for anything I can dye right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the embroidery! Beautiful as always...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful simple blouse and then you add the embroidery, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!