Sunday, September 9, 2012

Denim pants

I made a pair of cropped pants.


The pattern is 09-2012-110A, from the September issue of Burdastyle magazine. (I bought it from BurdaStyle site as a PDF download pattern, because I love chopping patterns to bits and pieces but never like tracing.) The pattern is for something called "leather pants", but I used it with a heavy denim that was heavy as much as the ones for retailed authentic mens jeans. It contained 2% of PU, but didn't seem stretching more than any non-stretching material at all.

Since the pattern warned me to use the fabrics with a fair stretch, I was worried about the sizing before started, but it was actually OK. I even had to pinch an inch around the thigh to make the pants fit. I think it is a bit difficult to choose the right size for the individual stretch fabrics(leathers) for the pattern, but it doesn't stop me loving this pattern! If you are one of the people who wondered if the sample picture was kinda trying to hide something questionable by making the model keep jumping, I do tell you that they're lovely on a human who is committing other humane activity too. They have a distinctive shape, but not too much. I think they particularly look pretty with tunics/tops with big silhouette.



Today, my husband took me out for hunting a view of Mt Fuji. It was a lovely morning, but I completely forgot to jump for the pictures. It was too bad!

Love,
yoshimi

=====
pattern: BurdaStyle 09-2012-110A "Leather pants"
Sewn as instructions suggested except the execution of waistline. Attached a facing instead of applying a peter­sham ribbon on the waistline.
fabric: cotton/PU denim without a noticeable stretch, deep indigo color, raw denim
thick and stiff.
=====

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!!