Monday, October 26, 2009

Cape Frago

Frago
 I made a cape.

 I knew the fabric had been sitting in my stash for too long, but I didn't know what to do. I knew the reason why though.

 It was supposed to make a pretty poncho (cape) which had cute fringes on the edge when I bought it. I thought what I bought was a tweed, but the fabric was actually a knitted fabric. (a great mistake!) aw..

Frago
Frago
 It took me more than 2 months to get over my mistake and I finally had a go this week.

 Seeing it in the photos right now, the fabric positively looks nothing but a woolen knit (even to me). I must have been too excited about it on the purchase... What kind of love makes me so blind?

 Thus it has no fringes on it. It's fun to wear, and reasonably warm. I'm happy with the result. This is the end of the story for today!


 Oh yes, I sewed this short and gray skirt for my wintry wardrobe too. I love this skirt. It is simple, yet simply cute.


Happy sewing!!

yosxoxo



=====
white Frago cape
pattern: Frago from anneeduex*
 (not PDF pattern)
size 38

fabric: wool knit, milky-yellowy white with silver lame, contains some curly bulky threads, pretty, seemed almost no elastic, about 140cm x 110cm

notes:
*thin leather string and a pair of toggle buttons for front closure
*straight grain cut
=====
=====
gray woolen Laurent mini skirt
pattern: Laurent from anneecotton*
size 38

fabric: wool blends, grayish white with iron-silver lame (my supplier loves lame thing so much...), about 130cm x 70cm
lining: cupro, pale gray, about 140cm x 60cm
=====

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!!